Buffalo Orange Route

One of the areas of emphasis for us this upcoming season is putting our QB's in better position to be successful.  Our QB play like every aspect of our offense has to get better.  Well, I am the QB coach and OC, so I guess that responsibility falls on me.  Step one in my mind is teaching the position better and helping them make easy reads and slow the game down.  The good news is that we have returning experience there and I think in the off season we have made strides in our teaching.  We will find out soon enough.  Our passing game is very similar to Noel Mazzone, the new OC at Texas A&M and formerly OC at Arizona State and UCLA recently.  His favorite route is an NFL staple called 3 Man Snag.  We color code all of our pass plays, so 3 Man Snag for us is Orange.  Below is the teaching clip from Mazzone's days at ASU that I will use to help teach our QB's.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gus Malzahn Day's 1-3 Tulsa Install

Coaching Football Jesus Style

What We Worship