Packaging Plays

Here is another Coach McPherson video.  This one is on packaging plays.  I agree with Coach McPherson at the beginning of the video we he talks about check with me schemes.  Anyway, I think this is something regardless of your offensive philosophy that you can incorporate into what you are doing, whether you are a fast tempo team or not.  The past two years here at Obion, we have made a decision above my pay grade to huddle up.  It is one of my biggest regrets.  I am not a believer in going really fast all the time, but I think that going no huddle and practicing with Tempo is the best thing you can do for your program, because it creates a mentality.  And the bottom line is, if you are bad on defense, then you are bad on defense whether you huddle or not and you will lose.  Offense is fun, but defense wins championships. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gus Malzahn Day's 1-3 Tulsa Install

Coaching Football Jesus Style