Crash the Chatterbox Part II

As I was reading Pastor Furtick's book today, this quote from the book of what God spoke to him, resonated in my spirit.  Maybe it will minister to you in much the same way. 

"You're spending too much energy assessing other peoples assessments of you.  I want you to reinvest that energy into aligning your life with My acceptance of you"

I hate to admit this, but my attitude the last month has been horrible.  I have acted like a spoiled little brat at times and allowed my tongue to run rampant.  Frustration happens when your expectations do not match up with reality.  I know who I am in Christ.  I know that I am called.  I know that I have a purpose.  I know the passions God has birthed inside of me.  The problem becomes when I, not God, start to create expectations, timetables, and entitlements of what I am entitled to.  I am not in charge of where God has placed me, He is.  I am not in charge of if or when I get promoted, He is.  I am not in charge of the timing of blessings and valleys in my life, He is.  You get frustrated when you think that you are not treated the way you deserve to be treated.  You get frustrated when you don't get your way.  You get frustrated when you feel that you are mistreated by people you trusted.  But here is the reality for my little pitty party.  I don't deserve anything but death.  I am a sinner and deserve to be punished for my sins.  I am not entitled to anything.  I am blessed beyond belief and then I act this way when I don't get my way.  Anything I have is because of God and I am not the owner of it, just the steward.  I am working on changing my attitude.  I am working on true surrender to God almighty.  I am working on shutting my mouth and simply doing my job. 

I am already redeemed.  I am already called.  I am already accepted.  I truly only have to please an audience of one.  God may I learn to live through the paradigm that I am already accepted by you and the things I do, I do out of love for you.  That I should do all things in excellence, because as your messenger here on Earth that is what brings glory to you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gus Malzahn Day's 1-3 Tulsa Install

Coaching Football Jesus Style