Coaches Thoughts -- Tuesday 12-6

Just as you don’t know the path of the wind, or how bones develop in the womb of a pregnant woman, so you don’t know the work of God who makes everything. Ecclesiastes 11:5 HCSB 

 We are reminded in Ecclesiastes that God is God and we are not. I don't know about you, but I depend a lot on myself, my abilities, my gifts and not enough on the Holy Spirit. My Pastor told me recently that I need to work on listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit and of course testing it to make that it is the Holy Spirit and not Mark's tangents. To make our lives easier, we need to figure out that we don't have everything figured out. We need to understand that we don't understand everything. We need to admit to God that we need him. That we need to admit to God that we are lost without His guidance.

 All this of course is much easier said that done. Thy will be done is easy to say. Trusting God who knows and makes everything, makes sense, but is not easy to do. I am working on hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit. I pray that as I continue to do these devotionals that I allow Holy Spirit to lead me. That I give the Holy Spirit room to say what he wants and not just good thoughts that I come across. To do this, you have to stop and listen. You have to practice humility and operate under the assumption that God knows best and that whatever happens, God is in control.

 Yesterday in my Coaches Thoughts, I talked about how that Practice makes Passion. Let us all practice hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit and in the process may we develop a Passion for the Holy Spirit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gus Malzahn Day's 1-3 Tulsa Install

Coaching Football Jesus Style