Reflections Before An All Mighty God

Psalms 18:1-2 NLT

I love you, Lord ; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.

I know God that I live way too much in my strength.  I make my list, set my agenda, use my gifts, and my resources.  All the while the Holy Spirit who you have given me to be my companion and guide like a gentlemen gets out of my way and lets me live and do as I please.  How stupid is that, that I have the power given to me by you God All Mighty to help me live and I choose to live on my own.  Forgive me Father, I really do want to live for you and make you my strength.  David, a gifted and strong man, relied on the Lord to be his strength, if I don't how arrogant is that.  In America we live in our own independent lives, fitting God in on Sundays to help us deal with our guilt.  God I want to be dependent on you.  I want to be thankful for all you have given me.  I want to trust you enough to pray and be obedient and leave the rest to you.  God I know that you will fight for me, but you expect me to engage the enemy, even if the enemy is me. 

Psalms 18:16-30 NLT

He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me. They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, but the Lord supported me. Helped me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me. The Lord rewarded me for doing right; he restored me because of my innocence. For I have kept the ways of the Lord ; I have not turned from my God to follow evil. I have followed all his regulations; I have never abandoned his decrees. I am blameless before God; I have kept myself from sin. The Lord rewarded me for doing right. He has seen my innocence. To the faithful you show yourself faithful; to those with integrity you show integrity. To the pure you show yourself pure, but to the wicked you show yourself hostile. You rescue the humble, but you humiliate the proud. You light a lamp for me. The Lord , my God, lights up my darkness. In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall. God’s way is perfect. All the Lord ’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.

I am your child.  The Holy Spirit just reminded me, that I am a Man of God.  I am even when I don't act like it, because there was nothing I could have done to earn being that in the first place.  It is God's grace that has got me where I am and kept me this far.  And if I live like I know I should.  Prepare, pray, and draw close to the God All Mighty then I can expect your promises and protection.  And even if you don't deliver me I will praise you, YOU ARE GOD and I am not!  May I follow your regulations, never abandon your decrees, let me be blameless before God.  I want to be pure.  To remain humble, after all they are your gifts anyway.  Holy Spirit, help me to allow you to guide and lead me to make this reality in my life.

In Jesus Name

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gus Malzahn Day's 1-3 Tulsa Install

Coaching Football Jesus Style